January is here, and there’s nothing I want more than to snuggle up under a cozy blanket during these long winter nights. I was inspired by the beautiful Caron Swirl Cakes yarn to update my home décor and add some beautiful color and texture to my living room. The acrylic wool blend makes this blanket very warm without being too heavy or scratchy, and the gold, cream and gray tones are perfect for adding some brightness to these cold and dreary days!
The great thing about this throw, besides the lovely yarn, is the texture. Using just two simple stitches, you can achieve a knit look crochet blanket with a dense texture that will keep you warm all winter.
All you need for this pattern is Caron Swirl Cakes yarn, or a comparable bulky weight yarn, a size N crochet hook, and to know how to single crochet and half double crochet. It doesn’t get much easier than that! Let’s get to it…
GOLDEN HOUR THROW CROCHET PATTERN
-Single Crochet- (SC)
-Half Double Crochet- (HDC)
- 7 balls of Caron Swirl Cakes in the color Gold Fusion, or 1750 yards of any level 5 Bulky yarn (acrylic wool blend)
- Size N/17 9mm crochet hook
- Large eye sewing needle
- Tape measure
4×4” = 8 rows x 10 stitches
- The SC rows are done in the third loop of the HDC’s. This loop is behind the top two loops of the HDC, and will be the loop closest to you on the back of the blanket.
- Adjust the size to your liking. Any length chain can be used to start, and the two row repeat can be added to or subtracted from as needed!
- The chains at the beginning of each row do not count as stitches.
- The blanket will curl a bit on the sides due to the tension of the stitches. This is normal and will flatten as the blanket gets larger. A border can be added at the end to flatten it completely.
Row 1: HDC in the 3rd CH from the hook and in each CH across. (120 STs)
R2: Ch 1. SC in the 3rd back loop of each HDC (see notes). (120 STs)
R3: CH 2. HDC in each SC across. (120 STs)
R4-140: Repeat rows 2 and 3 for 140 rows, or until desired size. Cut yarn, weave in ends and enjoy!
-52” (132 cm) wide, 70” (178 cm) long
I hope you enjoy this pattern! If you make a Golden Hour throw be sure to tag me in your pics on Instagram because I love to see your creations!
This is an original pattern by Christina of February Sky Designs. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to it but please do not reprint it on your site or sell it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Christina of February Sky Designs, and link to my blog februaryskydesigns.com. Thank you for respecting creators and their work!
2 thoughts on “Golden Hour Throw Blanket”
Pingback: The Better Days Crochet Pillow | February Sky Designs
Pingback: The Golden Hour Pumpkins | February Sky Designs